Places of Interest and Local Attractions
Brooklands lies in the heart of East Devon and has convenient access to many local attractions. With over 40 miles of cycle path, superb walking routes and many transport links there’s plenty to do with your time. A bus stop to most of these attractions is just a 10 minute walk from Brooklands Caravan Park.
- The cathedral city of Exeter is just 5 miles away with a great mix of shops from large high street names and independent businesses all co-existing in the citys beautiful shopping quarters.
- Westpoint Exeter
- At just 2 miles away from Westpoint Exeter, Brooklands Caravan Park is a great place to stay if you are attending one of the many events happening all year round. Visit their site to see What’s On.
- Exmouth is situated where the River Exe meets the sea. It has over 2 miles of golden sands and is great for rock pools, swimming or even watersports. You can also get the ferry from Exmouth to Starcross for access to more coastline and things to do.
- Budleigh Salterton
- With 3 miles of pebble beach and safe clean bathing water, the picturesque town of Budleigh Salterton remains one of Devons most beautiful and charming towns. Situated at the start of the Jurassic Coast, the red Triassic sandstone cliffs were formed 250 millions years ago.
- East Budleigh
- A beautiful small village and is the birthplace of Sir Walter Raleigh.
- Ottery St Mary
- A picturesque town with many interesting buildings steeped in centuries of history.
“Britain’s top floral seaside town.”– 2016, visitsidmouth.co.uk
With more beautiful beaches, sports activities and many more attractions, Sidmouth is a wonderful place to spend some time. Keen stargazer? Make sure to check out one of the Norman Lockyer Observatory‘s evening programmes.
- Woodbury Common
- For peaceful walks through tracks and paths. Wildlife such as Nightjars and Dartford warblers can also be seen. Walks around woodbury common also include panoramic views of the Exe estuary and the Sidmouth gap.
- Woodbury Park Golf course
- With over 500 acres of parkland, Woodbury Park overs 18 individual chalenging holes with a superb finishing hole in front of the clubhouse.
- The western side of the Exe estuary, accessible by boat, bike, train or car, Starcross offers more links to local attractions and towns such as Dawlish Warren, Dawlish, and transport links to Torbay.
- Powderham Castle
- Accessible from the Exe trail or just a short walk from Starcross, Powderham castle has many activities and events all year round. Be sure to take a look at their website to see what’s going on when you visit.